Charter

AGM

BSCFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) Minutes

Minutes of the BSCFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) – via Zoom 30th July 2020

 

Attendees: Grant Hegley, Alan Hazell, Mark Warwick, Jo Ivory, Jo Packer, Mark Hargrave, Colin Harding, Ajay Shah, Mike Painter, Graham Fisher, Scott Camp, Shy Asim, Joshua Ballisat, John Ivory, Nik Barnes, Tim Jones, Lee Dossetter, Steve Mitchinson, Andy Norris, Stephen Berry, Peter Aylott, Morgan LaForce, Ray Greenwood.

 

Agenda

 

  1. Apologies for absence received; Martin Tritton, Simon Marzell, Ben Livermore, James Sheehy.
  2. To Confirm the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held of BSCFC on 18th June 2019. Proposed by Nik Barnes and Mark Warwick as accurate. No matters arising raised.
  3. Chairman’s Report (Grant Hegley)

 

CHAIRMAN’S REPORT

 

Welcome once again to the Annual General Meeting of the Bishop’s Stortford Community Football Club Limited.

 

Here is my Chairman’s report and a brief review of the past 12 months as well as a look forward to Season 2020/21.

 

Well – I didn’t think I’d be in the position of reporting that the football Season 19/20 was declared null and void and that there would be no football of any description for over 3 months!

 

In some ways that’s good news as that should make my report short and sweet!

 

Seriously, and as usual, I will split my report in 2 parts – ON and OFF the field.

 

On the field

 

By Mid-March and with the 19/20 Season coming to an exciting conclusion, 3 of our sides had already reached League Cup Finals they were:-

 

  • Alex Millar’s U10 Athletic, Ben Livermore’s U10 Wanderers and Ian Ward/Rob Young’s U13 Town teams reaching the Mid Herts Divisional Finals.

 

  • Our U14 Athletic team jointly managed by Scott Camp and Mark Bissel had reached the prestigious Herts County Cup Final.

 

  • Congratulations to all on your achievements in reaching the finals.

 

  • Many of our teams had also reached Cup semi-finals and were well positioned in their Leagues before Covid brought a premature and “null and void” end to 2019/20. Whilst the disappointment of not being able to finish the season is clear, the safety of ALL and therefore the decision reached was fully understandable.

 

Unfortunately, the shutdown led to the cancellation of BSCFC’s Inclusion Football Tournament. Similarly, the Club’s Presentation days could not proceed. However, team and individual awards, I understand, will still be made at the Team’s training sessions over the next few weeks.

Further presentations of the Caiman Rowntree awards for long serving Players, as well as recognition to retiring Managers Andy Pulford, Mark Amos, Dave Martin, Andy Hayes, Andy Gilbey, Andrew Pawsey, Phil Leggatt and Mark Hoddle and our Committee Members Nicola Moylette and Caroline Rutherford will now have to be made when Covid restrictions have ended. I do however record our thanks and appreciation to ALL for their efforts and dedication to BSCFC over the years.

 

I can recognise in my report here a number of individual achievements:-

 

  • Izzy Murphy from our U10 Girls side has recently been signed by the Arsenal Academy; our U8 side managed by Ryan Delaney that have produced 7 players (Clayton, Ethan, Toby, Zay, Riley, Zach and Alexander) going to sign for Professional sides – Tottenham, Cambridge United and Stevenage; George Hoddle from our U15 Town side signing for Cambridge; Bobby Bolden who has signed for M K Dons and Stefan Sidorenc signing for Watford both from our U15EJA side, Joe Cox and Jake Holland signing for Colchester from our U11 Rovers team.

 

As I mentioned last year because of the quality of training the Club offers, and the relationship BSCFC have made with a wide array of professional  clubs in the area, we’ve got at least 30 players who are training within the development and shadow systems at clubs including Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Norwich, Stevenage and Cambridge. Our Club’s coaches believe that at least a third of these players have a very strong chance of progressing to full academy status in the next 12 months. We also continue to maintain links with the Bishops Stortford First Team and Club.

 

Whilst it’s disappointing to lose Izzy and all of the Boys from under BSCFC’s umbrella we are ALL immensely proud of our part in their development. We do wish them ALL well for the future!

 

With Lockdown easing it has been immensely satisfying as a Club to get Covid safe training underway at Friedberg. Our sincere thanks must go to ALL that have assisted here, in particular to our Head Coach Tim Moylette and Lead Coach Ray Greenwood as well as Club Secretary Jo Packer, Mike Painter and Mark Warwick who have spent many hours in ensuring that we comply with all the rules and regulations to allow our sides and children back out playing football in a safe environment.

 

I reiterate my comment from last year: – WE REALLY ARE A FABULOUS COMMUNITY FOOTBALL CLUB!

 

Over the last few weeks we continue to recruit new Players from the local area as well as from Dunmow, Harlow, Royston and Chelmsford – thanks to Tim, Ray and Gary Mardle for their efforts here.

 

Again with this there is a demand for Coaches/Managers and we welcome any Parent volunteers who would like to get involved (as well as Committee Members).

 

BSCFC’s Coaching programme continues to be delivered, under Tim Moylette the Head Coach, with a focus on our playing philosophy : win the ball/ keep the ball and to play with no fear and creativity. Managers’ sessions that were arranged and held at Friedberg in the last 12 months have been very positive and with the social element have certainly allowed us to continue to develop a Club “feel”!

 

Thanks again must go to Ray Greenwood as Lead Coach for the Boys teams in age groups u12-u18s as well as the ever increasing Girls section. Thanks also to Mark Warwick for his involvement as Manager Liaison Officer.

 

Finally a reminder of our ethos: – BSCFC are committed to developing ALL players, of ALL abilities. The club has a clear focus, being competitive but not a total ethos of winning. There is a difference between competitive and all out winning. Being competitive means that you want to win the game, but not at the expense of the players, ensuring, if possible, that all players get at least half of the match playing time.

 

Off the field

 

Over the last few months of lockdown it is quite clear to me, that Sport strengthens our communities and improves the physical and mental health of everybody involved.

That must be the overriding objective and why we are ALL involved with BSCFC.

A reminder therefore, that we as a Club Committee (although we are volunteers) are here to support you, the Members, to provide Football for ALL and whilst you the Members may not always agree with every decision we make, we make those decisions in good faith and with your best interests at heart.

I’m sure we will all concur that, if we do disagree on any issue, then it should be said/written in a RESPECTFUL manner. Abuse in any form will NOT be tolerated as it is UNACCEPTABLE.

 

At the start of the season Nicola Moylette, with just 3 weeks’ notice, resigned from her position as Club Administrator/Secretary/Director and Trustee of BSCFC, this meant I took over the role of Club Administrator/Secretary, whilst we looked for a replacement. I’m extremely grateful therefore to all that helped me out within the Club, at the FA and the various Leagues we compete in, as well as to you the Members for your patience and assistance.

 

I think we all knew that Nic’ would be irreplaceable and so it proved – as we now have 3 people to fill her role:-

 

Kerry Bray (who deals with registrations), Jo Ivory (finance) and Jo Packer (everything else!!) stepped up to the plate.

 

Apologies that it has taken a while for your admin team to get up to speed, I can’t guarantee that admin will run without any hitches but I do I think we’re now well placed to deal with any issues that arise.

 

With Nicola resigning, it has left the Club 1 Director short – see our articles of association and the minimum number of directors BSCFC shall have should be four.

 

You will have seen from the Agenda that Mark Warwick has been proposed to become a Director of BSCFC. As many of you will know Mark is a director of ProKit UK, the Club’s primary kit supplier. Mark, when it comes to the supply of kit, has a conflict of interest. I refer you to our Articles of Association and remind/reassure you that the conflicted director is absent from the part of the meeting at which there is discussion of any arrangement or transaction affecting that other organisation or person and the conflicted director does not vote on any such matter.

 

As many of you will have noted BSCFC have been successful in obtaining grants from the Football Foundation for pitch and Clubhouse improvements at our home at Friedberg Avenue. We hope that you are/will be suitably impressed with the improvements.

 

We are also updating our Club Website – many thanks in particular to Shaun Mercer/Mike Painter and Ajay Shah. Further details to follow, when we go “live”.

 

THANKS

In addition my and the whole of BSCFC’s thanks must go to a number of individuals on the Committee who work tirelessly as VOLUNTEERS, on your behalf.

 

So thanks to:-

 

Jo Packer – Club Secretary;

Jo Ivory – Finance Manager;

Kerry Bray – registrations;

Alan Hazell – Fixtures/Training;

Morgan La Force – Vice Chairmen;

Tim Moylette – Head Coach;

Ray Greenwood – Lead Coach for the U12-18 boys and girls teams age groups;
Mark Warwick – Manager Liaison U12-18

Gary Mardle – U7 age group co-ordinator;

Girls and Ladies – Mark Hargrave & Lee Dossetter

Martin Tritton – Manager Mentor and Child Welfare Officer;

Ajay Shah – Commercial Operations and Strategy

Our compliance, press and communications team of: – Nik Barnes, Graeme Wilson, Mark Hargreave, Mike Painter and Shaun Mercer;

Kit and Equipment Officers – Ray Greenwood and Mark Warwick

 

Committee, on behalf of BSCFC, may I thank you all for your efforts this season.

 

I now turn to:-

 

New Facilities

 

As reported at our AGM last year, BSCFC is seeking to find a parcel of land suitable for the development of a much needed modern clubhouse with a minimum of 2 full-sized “3G” playing pitches, together with car parking facilities.  The intention is for this to be a football-led community sports hub, and a community asset for Bishop’s Stortford residents but also the wider region.

 

Our site selection narrowed significantly around the time of our last AGM – down to two landowners who were sent proposed terms.  Negotiations with both landowners have advanced slowly and, indeed, a third party stakeholder (Avanti Schools Trust) has come into the picture in a helpful context.

 

I can confirm the main site of interest is to the north of the A120, adjacent the new secondary school site at Bishop’s Stortford North (due to be operational within the next 18-36 months).  The owners involved (HCC and David Harvey) are broadly in favour of BSCFC’s ambition and remain supportive although it has been necessary to also consult with the schools trust (Avanti), chosen as the school operator last year.

 

I have since met with Avanti (virtually and in person with a number of their personnel including the Chief Executive) and we are working towards an agreement in the first instance that would allow the Club’s use of the school’s sports facilities.  The school has an obligation in accordance with their planning permission to share these facilities with the community, and through our engagement to date, this appears to be a significant opportunity for our Club.  In an effort to crystallise and secure our use of these facilities, I recently contacted the Football Foundation/Football Association for support and am awaiting their advice to take this forward.  As soon as the terms of any agreement are understood further, I will of course make Members aware.  However, it is anticipated that such an agreement comes at very low/limited cost or risk to BSCFC – for potentially significant gain – and therefore I hope it will achieve our Member’s full support in due course.

 

The adjoining 2 parcels of land, outside of Avanti’s lease (of interest to BSCFC) is owned by Herts County Council and David Harvey. This area is the area the Club remains focused on for the delivery of a Clubhouse, parking and additional 3G pitches (beyond those the school are committed to share with the community).

 

HCC remain open to the concept of BSCFC being a medium-long term user of the part of the site they own (subject to Member’s approval and ratification by the Council) and the County Council, mainly via their agent, remain in contact with the Club on this.  David Harvey has similarly remained supportive.  I am personally grateful for their support to date which has been all at their own risk/cost.

 

However, I do not want to mislead Members and so I think it is only appropriate if I mention a key constraint and costs of bringing this site forward. Crucially, aside from landowner and planning authority agreement, there would be a requirement to upgrade a roundabout access spur on the A120.  The roundabout in question is due to be constructed by the Bishop’s Stortford North developers.   Existing proposals only allow for an emergency access to the school playing fields, rather than a fully-fledged vehicular access to allow entry and exit to a car park serving a community sports hub/clubhouse and 3G pitches.

 

Notwithstanding constraints such as this, earlier this month, it was re-confirmed the County Council saw BSCFC’s ambition to use the site (e.g. by way of a long leaseholder) as a possibility.  The key issue from their perspective is to come up with an appropriate mechanism/agreement that provides the County/School the ability to take back over ownership/control in future, in the event the school ever needs to expand.  This may in principle be entirely reasonable and acceptable to the Club although quite how, in practise, this can work alongside the significant investment required (not least in respect of the potential roundabout upgrade) is being investigated.

 

Mr Harvey’s support in this regard remains key and I am grateful for his support to date through continued engagement.  The ability to partner with him or others to achieve our objective is likely to be necessary.

 

Matters such as finance, funding eligibility, (e.g. the Football Foundation’s funding limitations) planning policy, and enabling infrastructure therefore will continue to be a challenge, even with willing landowners.

 

It is hoped, at the very least, the Club will secure the ability to formally share some of Avanti’s sports facilities once their construction completes in 2021/22.

 

Further, due to the ongoing risks attached with this project, I’m not ruling out the possibility of the Club taking another direction and engaging with other stakeholders or landowners if they are willing to support the Club with our ambition.  Other significant school development projects are underway around the town. Previous investigations suggest this may provide an opportunity to the Club by partnering with other schools.

 

I’m sure you will all appreciate this project is complicated, time consuming and not without risk/cost however I remain committed to giving BSCFC the greatest chance of success of securing an exceptional facility – or facilities – for our organisation’s benefit. As a Club I am mindful of our resources and the need to be flexible in taking up opportunities when they arise if they are for the benefit of our Members and community.

 

FINALLY

 

My commitment for the next season, as every year I have been in office, is to continue to work on your behalf, along with the Committee to make BSCFC if not the best, certainly one of the best Community Football Clubs in the Country.

I would like to thank all of the Managers, their Assistants and Coaches, as well as all Parents and Members for the support they have given me and all of the Committee in Season 2019/20 and we look forward to season 2020/21.

Once again it will be my honour and privilege to serve as Chairman of BSCFC for a further season.

 

Grant K Hegley   29.07.2020

 

  1. Finance Report (Jo Ivory)

Financial Report Season 2019-2020

 

The finalised accounts will go onto the website as soon as they have been confirmed by the accountant.

 

The main focus season 2019-2020 has been the collecting of unpaid subs.  We have also taken on board your comments re the current payment system Love Admin and have looked at alternatives with a positive outcome.

 

Revenue season 2019-2020 was lost from the Tournaments and Presentations due to COVID 19.  Also sponsor monies donated to the club has been less due to COVID 19 and we envisage season 2020/21 will see a reduction in donations.

 

Summary of Monies in and Monies paid out

 

Sub Payments received£170,880.00

Historical Sub Payments collected – £25,000.00

Donations – £250.00

Grants – £15,000.00 (COVID 19)

 

Paid Out

Pitch Hire (Games and Training) – £46,432.75

Friedberg Pitch Maintenance & Club House – £15,000.00

Club House (Running of) – £3,104.00

Affiliations Fees – £4,868.00

Kits, Balls and Manager Kits – £53,598.11

Head Coach Fees – £8,000.00

Unrecovered Fines – £297.00 (we are still in the process of recovering these funds)

DBS Checks – £380.00

Manager Courses – £616.00

Administration Fees – £3,660.00

Trophies – £8,500.00

New Facility – £6,000.00

Love Admin Payment Fee – £4,080.00

 

Total – £154,535.86

 

Projected Expenditure Season 2020/21

Pitch Hire (Games and Training) – £63,000.00

Friedberg Pitch Maintenance & Club House – £17,500.00

Affiliations Fees – £4,868.00

Kits, Balls and Manager Kits – £32,000.00

Head Coach Fees – £8,000.00

Coaching and Development – £6,000.00

Administration Fees – £7,000.00

Trophies – £8,500.00

New Facility – £6,000.00

Miscellaneous – £5,500.00

Match Day Application – £3,500.00

 

Total – £161,868.

 

Proposed Subs for Season 2020/2021

 

This year’s fees are based on a break even basis and are as follows:

 

  • EJA – £195.00 for the season. This can be paid in one lump sum or in two instalments:

1st September 2020 – £120.00 (1st instalment)

1st November 2020 – £75.00 (2nd instalment)

 

  • BSCFC Teams – £170.00 for the season. This can be paid in one lump sum or in two instalments:

1st September 2020 – £100.00 (1st instalment)

1st November 2020 – £70.00 (2nd instalment)

 

  • Hardship cases need to be submitted to The Finance Office for review with the committee as soon as possible please.

 

NB: Unfortunately, the new FA payment system was not suitable for us to use this season and therefore LoveAdmin will again be used for subs collection for 2020-21. Annual subs can be paid in 2 equal instalments with the 2nd payment being collected exactly 3months after the first payment has been made.

 

Jo Ivory 29.07.2020

 

  1. Secretary’s Report (Jo Packer)

 

Club Secretary /Administration Report

 

Having been in the role for 7 months I am finally finding my feet and some solid ground, however I am still learning, and the last few months have been a challenge (for all of us).

 

With 3 of us undertaking the combined role that Nic undertook there have had to be changes to some procedures, however the systems that we are getting in place work well and hopefully next season will not be as challenging.  There will still be some obstacles to overcome I am sure.

 

There are still some unknowns as not all the leagues have made decisions on season start dates yet.

 

Mid Herts – are still aiming for the 12th /13th September and we have a number of teams to get submitted to them and a mid-August deadline to meet in order to have any chance of cards for the start of the season.  They are also missing some player ID’s and these need to be re-submitted in order for cards to be provided.  Kerry is working hard on getting all Mid Herts players registered with a FAN number and fully registering them where we have the information required.  However, as registration on the FA Whole Game System (WGS) is mandatory for 2021-22 all BSCFC players will need to be registered during the course of this season.

 

Girls – looking to start 26th September and by Tuesday 25th August 2020 – teams must have the minimum number of players registered if they are to enter a team for the start of the season. New head shots are required for all players.

 

Royston Crow – no start date yet but registrations are open and we are collecting the information to register players.  New head shots are required for all players.

 

EJA are looking to start at the beginning of September and we have to provide all team management details by 31st July.  Registrations are open and new photos to be submitted.

 

We have teams entering the Brentwood Community Football Alliance Youth League this season and registrations are underway.  They are looking to start on 12th /13th September.

 

Unfortunately, the RCYL proposed U21 league is not happening this season and there are no other local alternatives, so fingers crossed for next season.  We have affiliated a Ladies team for this season for our girls to progress.

 

Managers Training:

 

The restrictions halted our plans for training to be arranged at Friedberg and all FA booked courses were cancelled.  This caused issues for a number of our managers and at this stage we have no details on when courses will be reinstated.  DBS checks, however, can now be undertaken and these should be processed via WGS.  Renewals should be done well before expiry date to ensure that they are completed before expiry date.

 

There are some courses, including concussion and sudden cardiac arrest that can be undertaken on line. http://www.thefa.com/learning/courses

http://www.thefa.com/learning/courses/medical-courses

 

Any coaches with an expiring safeguarding course can also take this online for free. http://www.thefa.com/learning/courses/online-safeguarding-children-re-certification

 

Although we have not had details of timescales from the previous advice all Managers should have FA emergency First Aid certificates and Safeguarding Certificates in date.  The FA also has an expectation that a club of our size has managers working towards Level 1.  Indeed from 2021-22 every team affiliated must have an FA Level 1 coach (or equivalent) so look out for courses and as soon as we can, we will be arranging courses here.

 

Hopefully all our players will be soon playing football again.

 

Jo Packer 29.07.2020

 

 

 

 

  1. Confirmation of Officer Appointments & Election of Committee Members for season 2020/21. No objections were raised the and therefore the following were voted in:

 

Position Name
Life Presidents Derek Bayley / Mark Hargrave / Alan Hazell / Trevor Lloyd / Tim Moylette / Sean Murphy
*Chairman Grant Hegley **
*Vice Chairman Morgan La Force **
*Club Secretary Jo Packer**
*Finance Manager Jo Ivory**
U7 Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator Gary Mardle
U8-U11 Age Group Football Development Co-ordinator and Club Head Coach Tim Moylette
U12-U18 Age Group Football Development Co-ordinator & U7 -U18 Girls Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator Ray Greenwood
Ladies and Girls Section Secretary Ray Greenwood
Registrations Officer Kerry Bray
Fixtures Secretary Alan Hazell
Child Welfare Officer Alan Hazell/
Assistant Child Welfare Officers Tim Moylette/ Martin Tritton
Kit and Equipment Officers Ray Greenwood/Mark Warwick
New Facilities Officer Grant Hegley
Current Facilities Officer: Ray Greenwood
Parent Liaison Officer Vacant***
Manager Liaison Officer Mark Warwick
Schools Liaison and Co-Ordinator Officer Tim Moylette
Press Officer/Social Media Officer/Club Website/Communications Nik Barnes/Graeme Wilson
Governance Michael Painter
Commercial Operations and Strategy Ajay Shah
Referees Officer Mark Hargrave
Key
* Elected Positions
** Nominations made
*** Nominations invited

 

 

  1. Appointment of Director – no objections were raised to the appointment and Mark Warwick was duly voted in as a Director.

 

  1. Any other business by permission of the Chairman – no AOB was raised and the meeting was concluded at 8.30pm

 

Thanks to all who attended – hopefully we can all get together soon in person.

Minutes of the BSCFC Annual General Meeting (AGM)

held at Friedberg Clubhouse Tuesday 18th June 2019 at 8.00pm

 

Attendees

 

U17 United – Andy Pulford Jo Ivory
U17 United – Mark Amos Grant Hegley
U14 EJA – Simon Marzell Nicola Moylette
U13 Girls – John Ivory Mark Warwick
U14 Rovers – Jamie Lorimer Nik Barnes
U14 Wanderers – Mike Painter Tim Moylette
U11 Town – Andy Norris Colin Marshall
Greg Styan (next seasons U 9 Hoops) Ray Greenwood
Ajay Shah (U8 Rovers) Morgan Laforce
James Sheehy (next seasons U13 Athletic)

 

 

  1. Apologies for absence received; Alan Hazell, Mark Hargrave, Graeme Wilson, Martin Tritton, Lee Dossetter, Steve Law, Caroline Rutherford

 

  1. The minutes of the AGM held on 7th June 2018 were proposed as a true record by Simon Marzell and seconded by Tim Moylette

 

  1. Chairman’s Report – Grant Hegley

 

Welcome to the Annual General Meeting of the Bishop’s Stortford Community Football Club Limited.

 

Before starting with the formal business side of tonight, and a review of the past 12 months and a look forward to Season 19/20, I do think we should all stand and have a few moments of silence to reflect on the sad, sudden passing away in September 2018 of one of our former Committee Members and a supporter of BSCFC’s aims and objectives – John Turner.

 

John you are sadly missed, though for everyone that knew him, you will never be forgotten!

 

On to the Business side of the meeting and I say this every year – how quickly the time has passed since our last AGM.

 

I think over the last 12 months more has been achieved by BSCFC than in any of the years I have been in office both on, and in particular, off the field.

 

On the field

 

I have to say, having been involved in football pretty much ALL of my life (from Grassroots to the Premier League), Friday 17th May 2019 was one of the most awe inspiring days I’ve ever had in Football.

 

On that date I, as your Chairman, was invited to attend the BSCFC Inclusion Football Tournament. This year the format was changed slightly with our 2 teams, Home Farm Trust and St Elizabeth’s, inviting teams from Boreham Wood, St Albans and Watford to play football at BSFC.

 

After 2 hours of football, I was delighted to present mementos to ALL players (as well as some spectators) who were absolutely thrilled to receive a medal for their efforts. A medal that, I’m sure, they will cherish for the rest of their lives.

 

We were then treated to a buffet lunch at BSFC – a truly memorable day and our thanks must go to Ray Greenwood for organising this absolutely amazing event.

 

I was also honoured to attend the Club’s Presentation days on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th May 2019.

 

These days are of course, a celebration of the Club’s on the field achievements over the season..

 

On Saturday 18th May, we again held our Foot Golf presentation day at Great Hadham Golf Club for the U15/16/17 and 18 sides. I would say that those that did attend had a great time – I thank you to the Managers/Parents for that feedback. However and a moan from the Club’s Committee that put so much time and effort into organising such events, that we were extremely disappointed with the number of teams, for whatever reason, who did not attend. Managers/Players/Parents it’s your Club – please give us your feedback as to how you’d like this day to be organised in the future. We, as your Committee, are here to try and make this day a Celebration of the CLUB’S achievements (not just individual teams).

 

On a more positive note:-

 

In the afternoon that day I attended the Girls/Ladies section Awards day at Friedberg. This was a lovely afternoon with the enthusiasm and smiles of all involved apparent to see! I hope most of you will have seen the comprehensive annual report that Mark Hargrave puts together for this section of the Club, that highlights the efforts all of the Players/Managers put in for this ever growing Ladies and Girls section of our Club.

 

The next day saw the Boys age groups from Under 7 all the way through to U14 attend for their annual tournament and presentation day here at Friedberg.

 

Whilst the weather over the weekend was not as good as in previous years, with an estimated 2000 people being in attendance over both days and with the broad smiles of all the Girls and Boys who received their awards (and many congratulations to all of them), the sea of blue and white shirts all over Friedberg was again a site to behold.  I think the Club can be justifiably proud of our achievements in running football for ALL.

 

As I said last year and will repeat again:-

 

WE ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!

 

WE REALLY ARE A FABULOUS COMMUNITY FOOTBALL CLUB!

 

CONGRATULATIONS

 

The Individual Team’s playing successes include (and I apologise if I’ve missed any team out):-

 

U9 Town – Warren Boon/Ed Kirby – Rural Mid Herts Indigo Divisional Cup Winners

Our U12 Girls team won a remarkable 26 games on the trot.

U13 Rovers – Rick Pearson – Runners Up MHRML Div. 6

U13 Athletic – Andy Chapman – RCL Meads Cup winners, Divisional Cup Winners, Division 1 Winners

U13 EJA – Morgan Laforce – League Winners

U14 Town – Mark Hoddle/Phil Leggatt Runners Up MHRML Prem League & Premier Divisional Cup Runner Up

U14 EJA –Simon Marzell – Winners of the Haggerland cup -Pre-Season European cup,

U15 Wanderers – Peter Aylott Mid Herts U15 Junior Supplementary Cup Final Runners Up

U15 Rovers – Graham Fisher – MHRML Div. 2 Runners Up

U16 Rangers – Andy Gilbey – Runners Up MHRML Div. 3

U17 United – Andy Pulford/Mark Amos –Divisional Cup Runners Up

U18 United – Paul Douglas/Rich Cahill –  Divisional Cup Winners

BSCFC U16 Girls – HGFPL – Steve Law League Shield Final- Runners Up

Finally, it would be remiss of me if I didn’t also mention the Veterans – who were Essex F L West O45 League Champions… you may have seen the open top Bus parade!!

 

The Caiman Rowntree Awards for Service to BSCFC – go to the U18 United team who had 10 Players that have been registered with the Club since U7/U8. Our thanks and appreciation go to ALL for their efforts and dedication to BSCFC over the last 11 seasons.

 

A number of our Players from the U23 have progressed to the BSFC 1st team this season they are Alex Warman; Stanley Green; Harron Belaid; Lewis Wicker and Izu

 

I would also mention that because of the quality of training the Club offers, and the relationship BSCFC have made with a wide array of professional  clubs in the area, we’ve got at least 30 players who are training within the development and shadow systems at clubs including Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea, Norwich, Stevenage and Cambridge. Our Club’s coaches believe that at least a third of these players have a very strong chance of progressing to full academy status in the next 12 months.

Football generally and moving forwards

 

Boys

 

Recently we have arranged a recruitment drive with new Players from the local area as well as from Dunmow, Harlow, Royston and Chelmsford all showing interest in joining BSCFC.

 

With this comes a demand for Coaches/Managers and we welcome any Parent volunteers who would like to get involved (as well as Committee Members).

 

We’ve got about 10 new coaches all of which will be attending the FA’s Level 1 coaching courses over the course of next season.

 

I would add that 3 of our coaches Steve Mitchinson, Dodi Hackel and Scott Coreless have just completed their FA level 2 coaching course successfully. Congratulations.

 

As aforementioned the pathway from youth section to first team is very obvious and in addition to the Players that have progressed this season, Jack Thomas , Oli Miles and Alfie have all established themselves at first team level all being products of BSCFC’s youth development programme.

 

Links with the First Team are now firmly established especially with Jim Duggan’s appointment as their First Team Coach.

 

BSCFC’s Coaching programme has been delivered this season for first time and the Club’s aim, under Tim Moylette the Head Coach, is to bring in more in house training next season for coach education and to continue with our playing philosophy : win the ball/ keep the ball and to play with no fear and creativity. The 2 Managers sessions that were arranged by Tim, Nik Barnes and Manager’s Mentor Martin Tritton this season that we have held here at Friedberg in the last 12 months have been very positive and with the social element has certainly allowed us to begin to develop a Club “feel”!

 

Ray Greenwood has taken over the reins of Lead Coach for the Boys teams in age groups u12-u18s since September 2018 and whilst there have been difficulties at times, he along with Mark Warwick’s involvement as Manager Liaison Officer has really helped and improved the restructuring and team selection for next season; as well as the recruitment of new Players for the club.

 

This recruitment drive is evidenced in there being, for the 1st time, a Men’s team being entered into the North West Essex Sunday League; 6 U18 teams (the most teams we’ve ever had at this age group); the U16 age group is again looking very strong with EJA and Mid Herts Premier League teams entering the club on top of what we had last season. The U14/15 will have two EJA teams for both age groups in addition to the teams competing in the Mid Herts and Royston Crow Leagues. The U13s are now stepping into 11 aside and I believe we should be getting a further team in this age group and finally we have a strong U12s section that is close to being sorted.

 

On a day to day basis I look forward to hearing that the communication between managers that has really improved last season continues for 2019/20.

 

Finally, a reminder that BSCFC are committed to developing ALL players, of ALL abilities. The club has a clear focus, being competitive but not a total ethos of winning. There is a difference between competitive and all out winning. Being competitive means that you want to win the game, but not at the expense of the players, ensuring, if possible, that all players get at least half of the match playing time.

 

Girls

 

We are asked by the FA to continue with the progress we have made to date in this important and growing area of the game.

 

To this end the recent girls only recruitment day was a great success – we had 17 new girls attending over the 2 sessions of which we have so far retained 12 for development training on a Sunday morning.

 

For the first time we put out an U10 girls team

 

We should have 2 teams at one age group in 2019/20 another 1st.

 

We do however need support from parents with social media promoting girls football on Facebook and within the 26 local schools..

 

We will be holding further girls only recruitment sessions in an attempt to continue building numbers in this section.

 

Thank you Ray Greenwood for your continued efforts here.

 

Off the field

This Season I have been reminded at a number of meetings that I have attended with amongst others the Football Association, Government Bodies and our Local County Councillors, of the power of sport that brings people from different backgrounds together; They remind me that Sport strengthens our communities and improves the physical and mental health of everybody involved.

When we’re involved in a game on a Saturday or Sunday it’s all about the Players. All children, parents, and others are now seeking quality experiences delivered by passionate and caring coaches and others.

To this end I’ve been heavily involved, on behalf of BSCFC, with the Herts FA in developing their National Game Strategy for 2018 to 2021 and their ambition to implement a new framework that recognises and rewards clubs for their support of grassroots football and incentivises Clubs who wish to grow. In addition to their National Game Strategy I have also been involved in shaping the Community Club Hub the FA are looking at implementing for various areas throughout the country including here in Bishops Stortford.

A reminder therefore, that we as a Club are here to support you, the Members, to provide Football for ALL and whilst you the Members may not always agree with every decision we make, we make those decisions in good faith and with your best interests at heart.

With this aim firmly in mind and with the results of the Survey we carried out last year; the Members most pressing issue was that of facilities and our Current facilities at Pearse House/Grange Paddocks and here at Friedberg.

 

I will come to the New Facility Project shortly.

 

As many of you are aware, there is little we can do at Grange Paddocks or indeed Pearse House BUT here at Friedberg we have managed to improve this facility considerably.

 

Many thanks for all that helped out but it would be remiss of me if I didn’t single out and record the Club’s sincere thanks to Jason Millett and his staff at the MACE Group for introducing BSCFC to Joseph Gallagher and Solum who, as part of their charitable donations, kindly improve this facility – whilst not 100% as we would like it – I’m sure we will all agree it is a considerable improvement of where we once were! We certainly couldn’t hold meetings here! I would also record the Club’s thanks to Dan Bowler from Excelsior Kitchens for providing the kitchen that was installed here. I’m still hoping that a few other outside improvements can be made to the facility.

 

The Players on match day will also, hopefully, have experienced a better playing surface due to the Club employing Earthworms to maintain the pitches here. For next season and hopefully with the FA Pitch Improvement Programme Report that we recently commissioned implemented, the pitches will continue to improve.

 

Talking of Players and Match days – the Club invested a considerable sum of money in buying each player a Training top.. from the feedback we have had this has proved a popular decision and has certainly created a “presence” for the Club when walking through the town or supermarket on any given day!

 

In addition we have become “higher profile” in the local BS Independent Newspaper due to Nik Barnes’ sterling efforts and he aims to continue to improve this aspect of the Club’s workings as well as fully embracing social media – please Managers keep him up to date with your Team’s results and achievements to allow BSCFC to maintain its profile in all these media channels.

 

You will note the next item on the Agenda is the Secretary’s report and yet again (though with her permission this year) I will steal her thunder..

 

Apart from the initial difficulties we all encountered with the implementation of the Subs On Line payment system (that hopefully will be sorted for Season 19/20), one of the main issues we’ve faced from an administration point of view is the FA’s requirements that we have no choice but to adhere to:-

 

Safeguarding – I mentioned this last year and have no problem in raising this again. Quite simply we ALL have to ensure that football is played at BSCFC in a safe and fun environment; you will all appreciate part of our ongoing role is to ensure that good practice is implemented across all of BSCFC. I’ve been asked to remind all that Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility and we all have a duty to continue with this work. It is a requirement that ALL of our Managers, their Assistants and Coaches MUST have the requisite Safeguarding and CRC checks. Going forward the Club will NOT allow any person to be involved in the coaching/managing any of our Teams if they do not have these relevant qualifications.

 

In addition it is a FA and BSCFClub requirement that ALL of our Managers, their Assistants and Coaches MUST have the FA First Aid qualification – for obvious reasons.

 

Finally in an effort to continue with improving Football in the Country, the FA and BSCFC require that each of our Managers are qualified to at least FA Level 1 Coaching Course standard.

 

All Managers/ Assistants that do not have these qualifications will be reminded of the need to ahere to the FA and oue rules, though we would appreciate if you individually took ownership of the requirements here.

 

THANKS

I haven’t yet expressed my and the whole of BSCFC’s thanks to a number of individuals on the Committee who work tirelessly as VOLUNTEERS on your behalf.

 

So to:-

 

Nic Moylette, our Club Administrator and Secretary;

Alan Hazell our Finance Manager;

Morgan La Force and Nik Barnes our Vice Chairmen;

Tim Moylette our Head Coach;

Ray Greenwood our Lead Coaches for the U12-18 boys and girls teams age groups;
Mark Warwick – Manager Liaison U12-18

Gary Mardle U7 age group co-ordinator;

Girls and Ladies – Lee Dosseter

Martin Tritton Manager Mentor and Child Welfare Officer;

Our press and communications team of Nik Barnes, Caroline Rutherford, Graeme Wilson, Mark Hargrave and Sean Mercer;

Our Kit and Equipment Officers Ray Greenwood and Mark Warwick

Parents Liaison –Roger Hammond

and finally

Our Fixtures and Pitch organisers Colin Marshall.

 

Committee, on behalf of BSCFC may I thank you all for your efforts this season, in particular to a number of retiring officers – Roger Hammond, Steve King, Lee Dossetter and Colin Marshall – many thanks for your efforts last season and in particular to Colin Marshall for  his time in the thankless task of Fixtures/Pitches.

 

Colin has been with the Club since his Son, Sam, joined us at Under 8 in 2005; he became Registration Secretary in 2009 for the U11’s upwards and in 2012 the Club’s Registrations Secretary, becoming fixtures Secretary 4/5 years ago. As a sign of appreciation here’s a small gift for you.

 

On behalf of the Committee I should also acknowledge, once again, the efforts and dedication of all the team Managers and Coaches that make playing football for BSCFC possible.

 

Finally I would also like to thank all Sponsors: – whether that’s individual team kit sponsorship; the advertising boards at Friedberg of Pestells and Driven2Fitness as well as to Marrey Tableware who host our office within their premises at Raynham Road.

 

New Facilities

 

As I reported at our AGM last year, BSCFC are seeking to find a parcel of land suitable for the development of a much needed modern clubhouse with a minimum of 2 full-sized “3G” playing pitches, hopefully some grass pitches, together with car parking facilities.

 

To re-cap, the intention is for this to be a football-led community sports and football hub, and a community asset for Bishop’s Stortford residents but also the wider region.

 

Over the past 12 months the Club has continued to engage Knight Frank (Property Consultants and Land Agents) – Andrew Martin Planning (Planning Consultants) and Birketts (Solicitors) to assist with the project.

 

Building on the negotiations and discussions I started in 2017/18, engagement with EHDC, HCC, local landowners and other stakeholders has intensified over the past 12 months.

 

Correspondence and meetings have been had with senior officers at both District and County Council level including, amongst others, EHDC Chief Exec, EHDC Planning Team officers, EHDC Head of Property and Senior Projects Officer at HCC. Further, relevant County Councillors have been consulted with and provided with information in respect of the Club’s ambitions have been shared and communicated.

 

This has led to some tangible (if not visible progress on the ground) with the project.  In 2018 EHDC announced BSCFC are one of only a maximum three beneficiaries in the town to be eligible to bid for S106 Sports Infrastructure sports infrastructure funding which is available for distribution due to the Countryside development at Hazel End. Engagement with EHDC continues in respect of the bidding process and eligibility for this funding which is yet to be clarified but which seems likely to be available for distribution later this year.

 

For commercial and confidentiality reasons, I’m sure you will appreciate I am unable to give a full brief to Members, though Nik Barnes, Alan Hazell and Mark Warwick from your Committee have been updated on the landowner negotiations and the areas of land concerned, however the aim remains to secure at least one “option” to purchase or lease, to allow the club to pursue planning permission for the proposed development and then ultimately acquire, or lease, land upon the grant of that planning permission.

 

I can confirm however that the focus has now narrowed significantly with detailed negotiations ongoing with two landowners/stakeholders.  In respect of those negotiations, I’m able to say that with Knight Frank and Birkett’s assistance, heads of terms for “options to lease” / “conditional contracts” have been drafted and put forward to those two landowners.

 

The two main parties the Club is in negotiations with have, this year, instructed agents to represent them in the matter.  I do believe this is a significant step as it shows their commitment and an intention to conclude an agreement with BSCFC for specific areas of land.

 

Both sets of negotiations have not been (and will unlikely become) simple or speedy due to the complexities of the sites concerned and the stakeholders involved.  Matters such as funding eligibility, (e.g. the Football Foundation’s funding limitations) planning policy and the town’s likely ongoing expansion – and the impact this has on land values – have a continuing need to be addressed.  These matters and the reliance on others, including commercial sensitivities when it comes to developments such as what we are hoping to achieve, means, unfortunately, that the project remains “at risk”.

 

While I’m confident progress is heading in the right direction there remain significant hurdles to overcome before construction can occur.  To put our best foot forward and to prepare fully, I’ve established a sub-committee team of experts in this field who have assisted me with matters such as preliminary costings, design and project management; as this support, to date has been provided free of charge, this is hugely appreciated – and my thanks go to the individuals concerned.

 

Assuming we are successful with our aim, I am also anxious the Club prepares itself for a fundraising campaign which will, I hope, be needed soon. To that end I have also met a number of individuals who have indicated their willingness to assist BSCFC, though other help is welcome here.

 

Further, due to the ongoing risks attached with this project, I’m not ruling out the possibility of the Club taking another direction and engaging with other stakeholders or landowners if they are willing to support the Club with the project.  Many of you will be aware there are some significant school development projects being proposed in or around the town and some preliminary discussions suggest this may provide the Club with an opportunity to partner with a school (or schools) and jointly invest in facilities for the Club’s/community’s benefit.

 

I’m sure you will all appreciate this project is complicated, hugely time consuming and not without risk/cost however I remain committed to giving BSCFC the greatest chance of success of securing an exceptional facility for our community’s benefit.

 

I believe that assuming we clear the significant hurdles that we face; the Club is in a good position to move quickly with the project.

 

I would remind you of what I said last year; We are inching closer to having a huge opportunity to develop a first class football facility for not just this but future generations in Bishop’s Stortford.

 

Whilst I’d like to say I have all of the answers, please have no doubt, to take us forward we will need volunteers to offer further expertise.

 

If you have some time and feel you have the requisite experience, please let me know as a fresh perspective to our strategic thinking is always welcome.

 

Finally, my commitment for the next season, as last year, is to continue to work on your behalf, along with the Committee to make BSCFC if not the best, certainly one of the best Community Football Clubs in the Country.

I would like to thank all of the Managers, their Assistants and Coaches, as well as all Parents and Members for the support they have given me and all of the Committee in Season 2018/19 and we look forward to season 2019/20.

It will be my honour and privilege to serve as Chairman of BSCFC for a further season.

 

  1. Treasurers Report

Finance summary

 

The last set of “accounts” to the 31st July 2018 were the first as a Limited Company and have been circulated to you, the Members, and have been lodged at Companies House as required.

 

Our Financial year runs broadly in line with the playing season (1st August to 31st July) so there has been a period of alignment. The accounts for year ended 31.07.19 have not, for obvious reasons, been completed yet, so this summary is a projection based on previous years of expenses/income for June and July and then a “look forward” for next season based on what we know will increase/remain the same/decrease

 

2018-2019 (Main sources of income/expenditure)

  • Player subscriptions are broadly in line with last year (down by about £4k probably due to teams leaving).
  • Sponsorship is down so overall income was down (though the expenses/profits from the presentation and tournament have not yet been declared).
  • Hired pitches = £12,000 (up from last year – mainly because of better tracking from Grange Paddocks management).  This includes Grange Paddocks, Pearce House, Parringdon, Birchanger, Cricketfield Lane and Manuden.
  • Friedberg overheads = £13,000 (up from last year – a deliberate decision to hire Earthworms to maintain the field rather than just mow/mark it as previous years)
  • Training facility = net £27,000 (aligned with last year –  this includes hiring the facility for goalkeeper coaching to reduce the cost to the trainee goalkeepers)
  • U8 and U9 coaching costs have increased slightly to cover paying managers and referees (previously it was Soccer Development coaches that were paid – so the money is being spent in different ways).
  • Head Coach, Lead Coach fees are in line with budget
  • Administrator fees are in line with budget
  • Playing kit = £25,000 paid to BSFC for purchasing the kit but there is an outstanding bill from ProKit UK for managers coats and other kit and equipment purchased through the season.
  • League affiliations in line with budget.
  • Professional and legal fees = £10,000.  This is a pre-spend towards a new facility.
  • Conference fund – has spent circa £6,000 on CRB checks, Level 1 courses, Safeguarding and First Aid courses.  This money came from our link with BSFC and was a result of the senior club playing in the National Conference.  We had a year’s money “parachute” payment which is now exhausted.  So community projects will either need to be funded from other donations or stopped.  This includes providing after school coaching for 6 hours each at 20+ local primary schools as part of a relationship with Birchwood Sports Partnership.
  • The FA is insisting that all Managers MUST have the FA Level 1 Coaching course qualification.
  • Other costs incurred include refund of subs to Managers; replenishment of Club equipment lost, damaged or vandalised due to us not looking after it – this includes lost keys, chains, padlocks at Friedberg and vandalised poles, respect barriers and lost chains, padlocks at Pearce House.

 

2019-2020

 

  • Grange Paddocks have advised us of an increase in the price of pitch hire to £27 per match (by 20% Mini soccer), £33 per match (by 20% Junior matches) and £68 per match (by 20% Senior matches).  Fortunately our matches up to U8 – U14 are charged as “Junior” hires –U15 upwards play on full sized pitches.  Last season we hired the Mini-Soccer pitches for approximately 120 matches (3 per week for 30 weeks), Junior pitches for 160 matches (4 per week for 30 weeks) and the Senior pitches for 11 matches (Vets – who pay themselves).  In addition Grange Paddocks is being redeveloped from January 2020 and there will be disruption to the pitches and car parks during this period.
  • Birchwood – training to £54 per hour (10%) increase.
  • Jobbers Wood: Mark Warwick has arranged for BSCFC to use Jobbers Wood for 5-6 EJA teams in 2019-2020.  The cost is competitive therefore we are locating EJA sides there instead of using Parringdon in Harlow.  There will be some investment for goals, respect barriers and dugouts for this facility.
  • Kit: We need to start the roll out of the new kit this season, plus the usual replacements of shirts, shorts and socks plus medical kits, manager’s kits, manager’s coats and rain jackets for new players (we are anticipating a 5% increase).
  • Affiliations and Insurance are increasing this season (by about 18%).

 

Summary

  • Our overall resources have dropped by about £40,000 from July 2018 to end July 2019.  Some of this was expected (Professional and legal fees, rain jackets for all, the Conference fund not being replenished etc.) and some of the conference fund is ongoing costs to the Club – FA CRB checks, Level 1 courses and other courses. 2% of our subs go to Subs On Line
  • Mitigation will include using Friedberg and Birchwood 3G more for mini soccer matches if possible (Birchwood is £54 for the whole pitch for an hour compared to Grange Paddocks £27/pitch).  We are looking at the possibility of getting a second mini soccer pitch at Friedberg.
  • To ease administration Subscription payments will be due in 1 or 2 payments next season: all Players MUST be registered & pay their subs with the Club before or on 1st Any players registered after 1st August can’t be guaranteed to play in the first game of the season. As you can imagine from an admin point of view it is impossible to check a large number of players the week before the start of the season.
  • Club & League Registration information will go out to towards the middle of next week to Managers & Parents and on line Club registration will then be open for subs payments.
  • Saw a drop from the previous season to 59 teams affiliated with HFA last season for 2018 2019.  77 teams affiliated this season so could have in excess of 900 members!
  • That a comparison of other Community Club’s subs/training fees was carried out this season by Berkhamsted Raiders of Clubs who are a similar size to ourselves in the County. It was found that BSCFC are
  • What is being provided – match day + kit, a training session on a 3G surface with a fully qualified coach (who is CRB checked and with First Aid qualifications) for approx. £5 per week doesn’t appear that unreasonable to me!
  • Proposal is to increase subs for the first time in 3 years to £180 (an 8.5% increase) to cover potential increased costs.

 

Unfortunately Alan has decided to resign from his post of Finance Manager and I hereby record a note of our thanks for his diligence and time in this hugely important role for BSCFC, though he has volunteered to remain on the Committee and will deal with all fixtures/pitches.

 

  1. Secretary’s Report (see Chairman’s report)

 

  1. Confirmation of Officer Appointments & Election of Committee Members for Season 2019 2020. Nominated positions en bloc
Life Presidents: Derek Bayley / Mark Hargrave / Alan Hazell / Trevor Lloyd / Tim Moylette / Sean Murphy
*Chairman: Grant Hegley
*Vice Chairmen: Morgan La Force
*Club Secretary: Nicola Moylette
*Finance Manager Jo Ivory
 

Head Coach for Football Development

 

Tim Moylette

U7 Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator Gary Mardle
U8-U11 Age Group Football Development Co-ordinator

U12-U18 Age Group Football Development Co-ordinator

U11 -U18 Girls Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator

Tim Moylette

Ray Greenwood

***

 

Club Administrator Nicola Moylette
Fixture Secretary Alan Hazell
Communications Officer: Caroline Rutherford
Child Welfare Officers: Tim Moylette / Martin Tritton
Kit and Equipment Officers: Mark Warwick
New Facilities Officer: Grant Hegley
Current Facilities Officer: ***
Parent Liaison Officer: ***
Manager Liaison Officer: Mark Warwick
Schools Liaison and Co-Ordinator Officer: Tim Moylette
Press Officer/Social Media Officer: Nik Barnes
Club Website: ***

 

  • Nik Barnes announced that he will be standing down as Vice Chairman with immediate effect. He will continue to assist Tim Moylette with younger age groups
  • Jo Ivory was introduced as the Clubs new Finance Manager.

 

 

  1. AOB
  • Kit Hand Out night will be 2nd & 3rd September 2019
  • Jamie Lorimer enquired about training slots. These should be issued by next week.
  • NB enquired whether the 5-6pm slot could be used at Birchwood for midweek training. RG will ask AH to speak to the school.
  • James Sheehy asked about the duration of training slots. He was advised that the Club only provide & pay for a one hour slot, once a week.JS will contact AH to organise an extra slot.
  • Jamie Lorimer asked if it was possible if he could train elsewhere to give his team more space. He was advised that the Club prefers all teams to train at Birchwood if possible but he should speak to AH.
  • Andy Norris asked if he could choose Pearce House or Friedberg to play at next season. He was advised that he would be allocated a pitch and time for either venue, by the Fixture Secretary.

 

  1. The meeting closed at 9:30pm

Minutes of the BSCFC Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at ProKit UK Stadium, 7th June 2018

 

Attendees

 

U11 Wanderers – Andy Barnes Caroline Rutherford
U11 Wanderers – Mark Cappuccini Grant Hegley
U13 EJA – Simon Marzell Nicola Moylette
U14 Wanderers – Mike Taylor Mark Warwick
U14 Wanderers – Ron Hehir Nik Barnes
U14 Girls – Colin Mason Smith Tim Moylette
U14 Rovers – Graham Fisher Derek Bayley
U14 Rovers – Ian Winship Ray Greenwood
U16 Town – Dai Davies Morgan Laforce
Ladies – Mark Hargrave Jim Duggan
Ladies – Andrew Pawsey Lee Dossetter

 

 

1. Apologies for absence received; Alan Hazell

 

  1. The minutes of the AGM held on 15th June 2017 were proposed as a true record by Ray Greenwood and seconded by Caroline Rutherford.

 

3. Chairman’s Report – Grant Hegley

 

Welcome to the Annual General Meeting of the Bishop’s Stortford Community Football Club Limited.

 

Before starting with the formal business side of tonight, GH thought it appropriate that we all stand and have a few moments of silence to reflect on the sad passing away in February of this year of one of our former Girl Team players, Addie Brady who was aged just 16.

 

GH thanked attendees, and commented, I think this puts tonight’s football meeting and life, in general, into perspective…

 

I say this every year – how quickly the time has passed since our last AGM.

 

As last year, much has been achieved by BSCFC over the last 12 months both on and off the field of play.

 

On the field it was my absolute privilege to attend the:-

 

U13 (EJA), U15 and U16 Foot Golf presentation days on Saturday 12th May 2018, whilst the weather didn’t help, the event itself was extremely well attended and the feedback we’ve had has been very positive.

 

The following weekend saw the Girls/Ladies section hold their awards day on Saturday 19th May and the Boys age groups the following day on Sunday 20th May.

 

With the beautiful weather, the attendance on both days was amazing with estimates of over 2000 people in attendance.

 

In addition to the broad smiles of all the Boys and Girls who received their awards (and many congratulations to all of them), the sea of blue and white shirts all over Friedberg was a site to behold..

 

WE ARE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT!!

 

In addition to these days our 2 Disabled teams – Home Farm Trust v St Elizabeth’s – fought out an extremely competitive BS Inclusion cup final on 8th May, that was eventually won 4-3 by St Elizabeths! Congratulations to both teams and thank you to Ray Greenwood for your efforts here.

 

WE REALLY ARE A FABULOUS COMMUNITY FOOTBALL CLUB! 

 

CONGRATULATIONS

 

A number of our players have moved from playing from our youth teams this season to Professional League Teams:-

 

Harry Thomson – U10 to Arsenal; Paddy Dunn U9 to Cambridge; Cameron Leggatt U9 to Tottenham and Luke Inge U17 to Aston Villa.

 

We have also had Jack Thomas, Chad Cruise, Jamie Reilly and Jacob… go from the Academy

 

As well as Marcus Crowther, Max Brassington, Callum Taylor, Freddie Oakman, Alfie Mason,

Callum Linsky, go from our EJA side to BSFC 1st Team

 

The Individual Team’s playing successes include (and I apologise if I’ve missed any team out):-

 

U9 United Div. cup final v Hertford Town Stags – lost on pens Runners up – managed by Mark Cowper/Paul Leonard

U10 Rovers final – 20/5 – runners up – managed by Nik Barnes

U12 Town semi-final v Cheshunt Youth Blues – 22/4 at Cheshunt FC – runners up – managed by Morgan La Force

U13 Town – runners up in league won MH Div. Cup – managed by Phil Leggatt/Mark Hoddle

U13 EJA – national Cup winners in a recent tournament in Belgium

U14 Girls runners up Herts Girls Football Partnership League (HGFPL)

U15 Girls runners up Herts Girls Football Partnership League (HGFPL)

U15 Rangers runners up in League cup final – managed by Andy Gilbey

U15 Wanderers winners of Div. 1, Royston Crow League – managed by Michael Michael

U16 Girls runners up Herts Girls Football Partnership League (HGFPL); runners up in the Shield

Final v Tottenham Hotspur Ladies – managed by Lee Dossetter

U17 EJA League Cup Winners managed by Morgan La Force

EJA U18 League Cup final – 29/5 – yet again Morgan La Force…. I understand there is a vacant Mangers position at Real…. Madrid!

U18 Rovers Div. Cup final v Fairlands Youth Yellow – 22/4 managed by Simon McDermott U18 Girls Herts Girls Football Partnership League (HGFPL) winner – managed by Oliver Minton.

 

A special mention  to the U17 EJA side (playing against U18 sides) managed by Morgan La Force who progressed to the FA Youth Cup 1st round proper, the furthest we’ve ever gone!

 

Caiman Rowntree Award for Service to BSCFC

 

U18 Rovers – Simon McDermott – who has been with the Club over 8 years and was the recipient of the Caiman Rowntree Award for Service to BSCFC.

 

A new initiative this year to show our appreciation to the Managers who are, unfortunately,leaving BSCFC having done over 3 years’ service for the Club

 

U16 Town – Dai Davies – since U9’s –  7 years

U14 Wanderers – Mike Taylor – since U10 – 5 years

U14 Wanderers – Ron Hehir – since U10 – 5 years

U12 Rangers – Charlie Merryweather – 10 years as a Manager and Player

U11 Town -Steve Robinson – 5 years as a Manager

U16 Athletic – Andy Church – 4 years as a Manager

 

For those recipients, please can I ask you to stay at the end of the AGM for your photograph to be taken for the local press.

 

Off the field

 

Apart from the day to day running of the Club we have had to deal with a number of pressing issues including:-

 

  • The implementation of the Subs On Line payment system – with over 800 members this has allowed us to free up some administration time and effort.
  • The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) – thank you to Nicola Moylette, Caroline Rutherford and Alan Hazell in ensuring that we as a Club are fully compliant.

Two issues came from the Football Association that had to be dealt with at relatively short notice:-

  • The Whole Game System – registering ALL of our 800 Players on to their central system and
  • One if not the most important, of issues – Safeguarding – ensuring that football is played at BSCFC is played in a safe and fun environment; you will all appreciate part of our ongoing role is to ensure that good practice is implemented across all of BSCFC. I’ve been asked to remind all          that            Safeguarding     is            everyone’s responsibility and we all have a duty to continue with this work.

BSCFC is extremely grateful to Nic for the tremendous amount of work and effort she has put in, in a very short period of time to implement the Club’s, Legal and FA’s requirements.

As a sign of the Club’s appreciation – presentation of some flowers.

I haven’t yet expressed my and the whole of BSCFC’s thanks to a number of individuals on the Committee who work tirelessly as VOLUNTEERS, on your behalf.

 

So to:-

 

Nic Moylette, our Secretary;

Alan Hazell our Treasurer;

Morgan La Force and Tim Hancock our Vice Chairmen;

Tim Moylette our Head Coach;

Gary Mardle, Martin Tritton, Graham Fisher, Colin Harding, Ray Greenwood, Lee Dossetter our Lead Coaches for the various boys and girls teams age groups;

Our press and communications team of Nik Barnes, Caroline Rutherford, Graeme Wilson, Mark Hargreave and Sean Mercer;

Our Kit and Equipment Officers Ray Greenwood and Mark Warwick and finally  Our Fixtures and Pitch organisers Colin Marshall and Steve King.

 

Committee on behalf of BSCFC may I thank you all for your efforts this season.

 

Finally, on behalf of the Committee I should also acknowledge the efforts and dedication of all the team Managers and Coaches that make playing football for BSCFC possible.

 

Adapting a quote from Sir Winston Churchill ‘Never has so much been owed by so many who play to those few Club Officials who through their hard work and dedication make it all possible’.

 

 

MOVING FORWARDS

 

At the end of my report last year I indicated that it was my intention to resign from my role as your Chairman in order to dedicate my time to the New Facilities project, however, with a change in my work role, it has freed up more of my time and I will continue, subject to reelection, as your Chairman for Season 2018/19.

 

We do have a number of challenges however and, perhaps, we are a VICTIM OF OUR OWN SUCCESS…

 

Thank you to all who took the time to complete our recent survey, some of the results indicate that we are not performing as well as you, the Members, would like us to.

 

The 4 main areas of concern highlighted were:-

 

Communication – from the Club and Teams –  Cost

Training

Facilities

 

Communication

 

This may be due to the fact we now run 80 or so teams, perhaps if we were a club of say 5 teams it would be easy to communicate with you all!

 

We, as a Committee, have taken your concerns on board and are looking to appoint a Parents Liaison Officer, we are also appointing an U12-U18 Manager Liaison Officer.

 

As you may have noted we have become “higher profile” in the local BS Independent Newspaper due to Nik Barnes’ sterling efforts and he aims to continue to improve this aspect of the Club’s workings as well as fully embracing social media.. In addition the FA, who I will come on to shortly, are also looking to assist us in this field..

 

Cost

 

This may of course be reduced by sponsorship. Again if we were a small Club it would be easier to obtain sponsorship for 5 teams than 80!…

 

I would however point out, that a comparison of other Community Club’s subs/training fees was carried out this season by Berkhamsted Raiders of Clubs who are a similar size to ourselves in the County. It was found that BSCFC are competitive.

 

As an aside when you look at what is being provided – match day + kit, a training session on a 3G surface with a fully qualified coach (who is CRB checked and with First Aid qualifications) for approx. £5 per week doesn’t appear that unreasonable to me!

 

I will not steal the Treasurer’s thunder by commenting much further on this as his report is to follow…

 

Training/Teams

 

Tim Moylette the Club’s UEFA A Level 4 Head Coach (there are not many Clubs of our level can boast to have a Coach as highly qualified as Tim) has developed and recently presented to a number of our Managers and Coaches BSCFC’s playing and training philosophy that will be implemented next season. We will also be holding a series of Managers meetings throughout the course of the season to reinforce the Club’s philosophies.

 

Perhaps the reason some of you are here tonight is to discuss how we ensure our teams remain competitive while also allowing our players to develop.

 

In principle BSCFC believe that players should be organised into talent appropriate squads that are then placed into leagues that match their ability.

 

The process is full of potential difficulties, the most common of which are i) selecting players on ability but not breaking up friendship groups and ii) trying to reach a decision based on the opinion of a few that needs to be accepted by many.

 

BSCFC are committed to developing ALL players, of ALL abilities. The club has a clear focus, being competitive but not a total ethos of winning. There is a difference between competitive and all out winning. Being competitive means that you want to win the game, but not at the expense of the players, ensuring, if possible, that all players get at least half of the match playing time.

 

We fully appreciate some of the problems that have arisen in some age groups at the end of this season.

 

Following discussion we will have a process in place for next season something along the lines of:-

 

Around March 1st, the team managers of a year group will meet along with their team’s coach, age group’s lead coach, the head coach and one or two members of the club committee to have an initial discussion of the make-up of their squads for the following season.

 

At the end of the season we will meet again to follow up on our initial discussions, consider the group of players we have to choose from and make a ‘final’ decision.

 

Managing this process is not an exact science and numerous factors have to be considered but in general the decisions we take are understood and as a result the squads selected go on to have successful seasons playing at a level that is suitable for the players ability.

 

If the decisions the club take are unpopular with a group or individual we will actively encourage dialogue between players and/or parents (as aforementioned we will be looking to appoint a Parent Liaison Officer on to the Club’s Committee) to discuss the process undertaken and the thought process that was applied. Hopefully we will find a solution that is agreeable to all.

 

As mentioned earlier, this process often presents a major challenge to the club but is undertaken with the best intentions with the ultimate goal of providing each of our players with an enjoyable football experience.

 

I’ll come onto the last concern re facilities shortly..

 

Simply speaking BSCFC fully understand the concerns of Members, we are glad that they have been raised (the purpose of the survey) and recognise that we can and MUST deal with them…

 

I say MUST as, the way we operate as one of the largest Community Football Clubs in the Country, is EXACTLY the way the ENGLISH Football Association wishes football to develop throughout the country.

 

Having attended a number of high level meetings with the FA in the last year, they are looking to develop community football hubs that deliver football for the community. To achieve this aim they need and require the support of their “Super Clubs” i.e. clubs with at least 40 teams – we currently have around 80!  In return they say they will offer some of their advisers, business support, some legal and financial services advice as well as facility investment, to which I now turn..

 

 Facilities

 

The Club fully appreciates and shares the concerns of all on this subject, so I will update you now on the Club’s exciting New Facilities project

 

Over the last year I have taken heart from the following quotes:-

 

from Art Williams “I’m not telling you it is going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” And from 

 

Nelson Mandela “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” 

 

  • As many of you will be aware, BSCFC are seeking to find a parcel of land suitable for the development of a much needed modern clubhouse with a minimum of 2 full-sized “3G” playing pitches, together with car parking facilities.

 

  • The intention is for this to be a football-led community sports hub, and a community asset for Bishop’s Stortford residents but also the wider region.

 

  • The Club has taken important steps over the past 18 months to progress this ambition by instructing James Shepherd at Knight Frank (Property Consultants and Land Agents – James would have been here tonight to take any questions but unfortunately couldn’t make it due to a prior meeting, however he has helped in the formulation of this part of my report) – Andrew Martin Planning (Planning Consultants) and most recently, Birketts (Solicitors) to assist with the project.

 

  • Approaches have been made to EHDC, HCC, local landowners and other stakeholders to explain fully the needs of the Club and to seek their engagement.

 

  • Amongst others, the Hertfordshire Football Association, the Football Foundation, Sport England, East Herts District Council, Herts CC, other agents, landowners and developers have been engaged with and high level contacts at each have been brought up to speed with what the Club’s needs and proposals are. It should not be underestimated how important this engagement has been but also how much time has been committed to achieving this.

 

  • Significantly, the Chief Executive of EHDC (Liz Watts) agreed to meet with me and some of the Club’s aforementioned Consultants, at that meeting she appears to fully recognise the important community services BSCFC provides.

 

  • This support and recognition is evident by the precious senior EHDC planning officers’ time being made available to the Club and also that EHDC agreed to part fund the planning study (suggested, as necessary, by EHDC’s planning officers), that was commissioned by BSCFC last year.

 

  • The planning study has now been completed. In many ways it reveals what the Club already knew but we needed a report to say as such – in so far as there is a real lack of land availability and where greenfield sites appear suitable, development of them is constrained by their designation as “green belt”.

 

  • However, the study has identified areas of land in, or very near to Bishop’s Stortford that could be suitable (from a planning permission perspective) for the Club’s development proposals.

 

  • We are fully aware of section 106 funds that could be applied for, to assist with the project; EHDC are fully aware of the Club’s interest in the funding and they are due to clarify the application process. We hope to receive more information about this soon and I would hope to brief you further on this issue – it may be that we will need you to lobby decision makers over how the funds are allocated.

 

  • Alongside the planning study, James at Knight Frank and the Club have approached key landowners and positive discussions with several are ongoing.

 

  • For commercial and confidentiality reasons, I’m sure you will appreciate I am unable to give a full brief to Members on landowner negotiations and the areas of land concerned, however the aim is to secure at least one “option” to purchase or lease, which would enable the club to pursue planning permission for the proposed development and ultimately acquire, or lease, land upon the grant of that planning permission.

 

  • The timescale for progressing an option relies partly on other stakeholders but my sincere hope is that by the next AGM at least one option will be completed and Members can be made aware of proposals in much greater detail (i.e. the land parcel) with preliminary design work and planning timeframes being communicated.

 

  • This will then allow the Club to advance community engagement and seek further funding for the project.

 

  • I’m sure you will all appreciate such a process is complicated, time consuming and not without risk/cost however ultimately I believe it gives BSCFC the greatest chance of success of securing an exceptional facility for our community’s benefit.

 

REALLY EXCITING TIMES!

 

I do think however, we are now at a Crossroads.

 

The Club’s structure is, I believe, now sorted and hopefully with a huge opportunity to develop a first class football facility for not just this but future generations in Bishop’s Stortford.

 

It’s quite apparent that we now need to give serious consideration to the issue of finances, fundraising; all associated legal issues, marketing etc.

 

Whilst I’d like to say I have all of the answers, please have no doubt, to take us forward we will need volunteers to offer further expertise and fresh perspective to our strategic thinking.

 

If you have some time and feel you have the requisite experience, please let me know.

 

Finally, my commitment for the next season is to continue to work on your behalf, along with the Committee to make BSCFC if not the best, certainly one of the best Community Football Clubs in the Country – if we are seen to fall short of that objective then please come and join us on the Committee and use your skill and enthusiasm to make us even better.

I hope you enjoy the summer break, the World Cup in Russia and I look forward to seeing you at some stage next season.

It will be my honour and privilege to serve as Chairman of BSCFC for a further season.

 

4. Treasurers Report

BSCFC Treasurer’s Report – AGM 7th June 2018

 

Apologies for not being able to make the AGM this year but I have an unavoidable clash of meeting.

 

2016-2017 Season

As reported last year, our financial year has been aligned with the season and subs collection.  It now runs from 1st August to 31st July.  Last year’s accounts were for 15 months from 1st June 2016 to 31st July 2017 and were reported to Companies House in accordance with their rules.  They were circulated with the agenda – please email me (on Treasurer@bscfc.co.uk) should you have any specific questions.

 

2017-2018 Season

  • For obvious reasons, the books for this season are not prepared yet but I’ve drafted a summary of where we are from 1st August 2017 to 31st May 2018. Obviously, these are unchecked and just for information only and I’ve put totals into buckets (rather than detailing as I normally would for the full accounts – for example catering, the development squad and the Conference Fund).  Don’t be alarmed by anything within them.  As explained, the 2017 accounts ran past the end of the previous reporting period (1st June to 31st May) therefore have a few anomalies.  For example:
    • £57,000 of the income was subs for this season collected in June/July. If you take £57k off last years and add it to our income the totals are about the same.
    • Last season we pre-paid for this season’s kit – so it shows in last season’s accounts and not this.
    • We were hiring sports hall and collecting Futsal subscriptions. We dropped that this season and Futsal UK took over their own hiring of the hall.
    • League affiliations will be paid between now and the end of reporting period.
    • The training facility costs have risen but we are using it more through April and May than we previously did. It also includes the costs of hiring Pearce House pitches through the season – I’ll separate these out for the full accounts.
    • We are between the presentation and tournament which are treated as a set. A lot of the pre-spend items (food, drink etc) for the presentation is carried over to the tournament weekend therefore it is difficult to get a true picture until both events have been completed.
    • Other expenses due will be residual kit payments, the second £2,500 towards mowing and marking Friedberg (due 1st July) and May, June and July’s administrator fees.
  • This season was the first full season using SubsOnLine to collect subscriptions and, after a few teething problems (not least people not knowing which team they are in), it seemed to run quite well and reduce the administration effort. The total collected was broadly the same as last year (last year PayPal took a percentage, this season SubsOnLine)!  Thanks to Nic for setting this up (and I know there is a huge effort post-25th May to tidy up and then get ready for next season.
  • We also introduced the options of paying for subs in one, two, five and seven payments. Again, this seemed well received and successful.
  • The spreadsheet automatically populates the “Where Subs go” tab – I’ve included it below for information. So this is “where the subs have gone in the first 9 months of the reporting period.

 

2018-2019 Season

  • As you can see 20% of the subs are spent on the training facility. As co-owners, with Birchwood High School, we have benefited from a reduced rate.  It has not gone up for a few years.  I was shocked/outraged when meeting the school to discuss next season’s costs to hear that they were proposing to increase the cost, to us, by 50%.  To put that in perspective the subs would have to be increased by 10% to cover that.  Needless to say, we are arguing with the school about it (Grant and I were meant to meet with them on Monday, but the school cancelled it and we are waiting for a rearranged date).
  • In addition we know that mowing/marking of Friedberg has gone up in prices, Grange Paddocks are increasing prices (slightly) and that the kit is the same price (thanks Mark).
  • I have also been asked to consider including the cost of “hired” coaches into the subs and have the Club pay the coaches weekly (or monthly). Before doing so I think we need a debate/vote on this.  This will need to include “what about if the parent manager is also the coach”.
  • Although we’re not 100% sure of what our outgoings will be I think with a renewed focus on obtaining sponsorship deals etc., the subscriptions level and payment terms should remain as this season.

 

Conference FundSpent money on:

  • coaching 3 x disabled squads,
  • free after school coaching at 26 primary schools (linked to Birchwood and each offered 6 hours of coaching across the year),

th

  • 7 Inclusion Cup final at BSFC between St Elizabeth Centre and Home Farm Trust,               party for the elderly,
  • weekly work experience for older St Elizabeth learners.
  • It also covers the cost of some DBS checks, Level 1 and Safeguarding courses (which is why it looks, within the main account, as if we have not trained anyone)!

 

Other accounts

  • Paypal – Used primarily for on-line subs – transferred into main account periodically
  • Saffron Waldon Building Society – Primarily used to bank cash from Tournaments, Presentation.
  • Girls and Ladies account – Managed by G+L section for fundraising income and extras spent

 

Summary

  • We have bench-marked our subscriptions against local Clubs and, like-for-like (i.e. providing training facility, playing kit, equipment and pitch, trophies) we are more than competitive. Others include weekly costs that we don’t (match fees, buy your own kit).  What we don’t provide is “paid” coach (hired by individual squad), referee’s fees (because they vary across the age groups) or tournament entries.
  • We are considering buying rain-jackets for all players for next season.
  • Club in a sound position financially but many unknown over the next few seasons.

 

  1. Secretary’s Report (see Chairman’s report)

 

6. Confirmation of Officer Appointments & Election of Committee Members for Season 2017 2018. Nominated positions en bloc

 

Life Presidents:

Derek Bayley / Mark Hargrave / Alan Hazell / Trevor Lloyd / Tim Moylette / Sean Murphy

*Chairman: Grant Hegley **
*Vice Chairmen: Morgan La Force and Nik Barnes **
*Club Secretary: Nicola Moylette**
*Finance Manager Alan Hazell **
Head Coach for Football Development Tim Moylette
U7 Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator

U8 to U11 Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator

Gary Mardle Tim Moylette
U12 and U13 Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator Martin Tritton
U14 Age Group Football Development Co-ordinator TBA
U15 Age Group Football Development Co-ordinator

U16 Age Groups Football Development Co-ordinator

U17 – U18 Age Groups Football Development Co-coordinator

U7 – U10 Girls Age Groups Football Development Co-coordinator

U11 – U18 Girls Age Groups Football Development Co-coordinator

Graham Fisher

Colin Harding

Morgan La Force

Ray Greenwood

Lee Dossetter

U12-U18 Manager Liaison Officer  Club Administrator:

Pitch Allocation Officer:

Mark Warwick

Nicola Moylette

Colin Marshall

Communications Officer: Caroline Rutherford
Events Officer: Graeme Wilson
Child Welfare Officers: Tim Moylette (Mini Soccer U7-U11)

Alan Hazell (U12-U18)

Sarah Allen (Girls section)

Kit and Equipment Officers: Ray Greenwood/Mark Warwick
New Facilities Officer: Grant Hegley
Current Facilities Officer: Steve King
Parent Liaison Officers: Roger Hammond
Schools Liaison and Co-Ordinator Officer: Tim Moylette
Press Officer/Social Media Officer: Nik Barnes
Club Website: Alan Hazell

7. AOB

Beldam’s Lane Facility: Ian Winship mentioned the Beldam’s Lane Facility and why we did not get involve with the project.  GH replied that we were invited to meetings but the Herts & Essex High School’s plans did not ‘tick all the boxes’ for us

Survey – Cost: Ian Winship enquired about cost.  NB spoke about the survey & the 10 questions the Club asked. The Committee went through every single comment.  One of the comments received was ‘Subs too expensive’.  We looked at what other Club’s charge, and discovered that we are very competitive.

Training at end of Season: Ian Winship bought up the issue of training after Easter and commented that some children don’t want to play and would prefer a break.  The committee stated that training up until the summer holidays is optional.

Value for Money:  NB stated that although BSCFC subs are value for money facilities are poor.  Simon Marzell stated that he thought the BSCFC offered value for money in comparison to his last Club.

Facilities: Ron Hehir some pitches are poor but we are at the mercy of the Council at Grange Paddocks.  Pearce House is maintained by Birchwood School.  Friedberg is managed by the Club’s groundsman but it is still a public open space.  GH stated that a local company have offered to do renovation work at Friedberg Clubhouse.

Coaching Fees: Dai Davies commented that he thought the Coaching fees vary too much.  Manager’s decide whether they want to use a qualified paid Coach.  An advantage to using a paid Coach is some Managers can’t be there every week at training due to work commitments.  Mark Warwick stated that the Club are looking to incorporate coaching fees into subs next season.  Roger Hammond said it needs to be made clear that extra coaching is optional after Easter.

Communication: Ian Winship stated that he felt Graham Fisher has been isolated during the difficult period of team reconstruction. The Committee reassured Ian that GF reports into the Club Head Coach (Tim Moylette) and any problems are then discussed at the Committee meeting.  TM has organised a meeting after the AGM tonight with Managers of that age group.

 

8. The meeting closed at 21:39